2023 Crazy 8 Race March 18th
6-person Outrigger Canoe Race
Online Registration Form click here , Crazy 8 waiver click here- questions about the form or waiver contact MJ - firstname.lastname@example.org
1.Complete one form per team.
2.Send signed waiver to MJ email@example.com or hand in on race day
3.Once the online registration is completed the team captain will be responsible for turning in registration fees preferably by e-transfer to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by cheque at the registration table on race day.
3. Last day of race registration is March 11th
4. No registration on race day.
1. The Junior/Novice heat will be along Newcastle Channel (~6k) To be determinine on race day.
2. All other heats will race the full course 11- 12km figure eight, that starts/finishes at the Brechin Boat Ramp and loops around Saysutshun (Newcastle Island
Marine Park) and Protection Islands.
3. The steers meeting will be held 30 minutes prior to the start of each heat.
Team Divisions: Novice, Women’s, Men's, and Mixed.
Junior/Novice at 8:45am, Women at 10am, Men at 11:30, Mixed Open and Mixed Masters at 1pm and at 2:30pm.
Awards will be handed out at the end of each heat. Draw prizes will be a ticket board
Each team will be responsible for getting their own boats. You can contact the following clubs for boats:
Comox Valley Canoe Racing Club - http://www.cvcanoeracing.ca/contact-us.html contact person - Jackie
Fairway Gorge Paddling Club - email@example.com - waiting list for unlimited boats, no spec boats available
Latitude 48 Club - firstname.lastname@example.org - contact person - Mel.
Nanaimo Canoe and Paddling Club - email@example.com - contact person MJ
The entry fee is $20.00 per person or $120.00 per boat
Must be CORA members